The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) is a non-profit organization that regulates online gambling in Alderney, a self-governing British Crown dependency located in the English Channel. The AGCC is responsible for issuing licenses to online gambling operators, ensuring that they comply with the laws and regulations of Alderney.
The AGCC offers two types of licenses for mobile casinos:
- Category 1 license: This license is required for operators who offer real-money gambling games to players in Alderney.
- Category 2 license: This license is required for operators who offer non-real-money gambling games to players in Alderney.
To apply for a license from the AGCC, operators must meet the following requirements:
- They must be incorporated in Alderney or have a physical presence in Alderney.
- They must have a sound financial standing.
- They must have a comprehensive anti-money laundering (AML) program in place.
- They must have a responsible gambling policy in place.
The AGCC's application process is rigorous and can take several months to complete. However, once an operator is granted a license, it is valid for a period of five years.
The AGCC is a respected regulator that is committed to ensuring the safety and fairness of online gambling. Its licenses are recognized by many jurisdictions around the world, which means that mobile casinos that hold an AGCC license can reach a wider audience.